Friday 17 January 2014

Scenery - Warehouse

Creating the Warehouse

Not only am I going to be creating the harbour, I will be creating an airstrip as well. So with that, I needed to create a scenery for that too.

I wanted to create a warehouse that would be filled with sand bags and oil drums and other army related objects. 

As always I wanted to keep it simple so when compiling all the objects together in the virtual environment it will be easier to render. 

When conducting some research I found that most of the warehouses had walls around them concealing what was inside. 

I didn't like this idea as I wanted the audience to see what was inside. 








I wanted to create a minimal warehouse - which again consisted of using the box tool under standard primitives. 

I firstly started by creating the post legs to support the structure.






After I created the base I needed to create the roof.

I created the roof by using the box tool (again) in a sheet type style - and then used the box tool to create ridges on the top. I created one half first then mirrored the object and connected it together.





















I then connected all the elements together and applied dark grey texture and finally had the result I was looking for.






















I appreciate that I haven't used much skill or tools to create this object but when creating a virtual environment there are a lot of objects that need to be added so objects like this, the bench etc can afford to be simple. 


Time spent: 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment