Friday 17 January 2014

Completing the harbour

How I completed the harbour

To complete the harbour I needed to put it in the rest of the virtual environment. 

I merged the harbour in the same file as the water and the surrounding land. It still needed further development, such as more trees and buildings which I added my using the buildings I had made earlier. 

I also included elements created by other members of the group.






As you can see I placed in the LEGO people and the USS Arizona (created by another member of the group) along with Ford island which was created by downloading a birds eye view of the island and using Adobe Photoshop to cut around it - then placing it in 3DS max and extruding it upwards. A texture was then applied and a 'bump' element to give a more realistic land effect.

The collection of buildings, people and trees combined with the water, sun and land really enhances the look of the harbour and the virtual environment in total.

As a group we really wanted to concentrate on the 'Virtual Environment' of this animation so we also included the sun which then in turn gave off shadows which I believe enhances the effectiveness of this environment.

Time take to assemble all elements together: 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment