Friday 17 January 2014

Scenery - Hangar

Creating the plane hangar 

To make the airstrip look authentic the planes would have been kept in 'hangars'.


I like how you can still see the plane whilst its inside, so I knew that is what I wanted my hangars to look like. After spending a lot of time, skill and effort creating the planes it seemed good sense to not close off the hangars and let the audience see them at all times. 

To start off I used the tube tool and created a long tube object making sure that the rim had a small amount of thickness. 



I then flipped it over, converted it to an editable poly and cut the object in half. Using the material editor I applied a metal criss - cross texture and give the 'army' effect I desired. 

Time spent : 20 minutes




No comments:

Post a Comment