Friday 17 January 2014

Scenery - Fire Hydrant

Creating the Fire Hydrant

Another item that will be used in the harbour to create that more realistic environment was the fire hydrant. 


As this item, along with the park benches, is small and may go unnoticed within the animation I didn't want to spend a long time designing and modelling it. With that in mind I used a couple of tutorials on YouTube to help me build this quickly and efficiently. 


I didn't follow the tutorial exactly as I wanted to put my own spin on it. 

I started my using a 'cylinder tool' under 'standard primitives' and created the main section - the middle.


I then simply extruded sections starting from the base. 


I continued from here to extruded, resize and reposition elements to create the desired effect - after I simply applied a red colour.


It wasn't particularly difficult to create this object and didn't require a create amount of skill - the only problem I did encounter was using the correct amount of height segments.

Time spent: 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment