Friday 17 January 2014

Scenery - Creating park benches

Creating the Park Benches

Before I started to build the harbour and the island I wanted to create a few pieces that would go inside that harbour first, and then create further scenery if required.

Before I started to create any scenery I wanted to know what types of things would be found in a harbour... benches!!! This then gave me the idea that I could create a park scenery within the harbour to make it look realistic - but that will come later.  I did a little research on what style of park bench I wanted to create; something simple yet effective.


I wanted to keep the detail simple, so to create the benches I started off with the wooden planks by creating a rectangular shape from the box tool - I made sure the box was long and thin to represent the same shape of the park bench.
I then repeated this step and then using the select and rotation tool I positioned all the bench segments similar to a bench seat. 




It's not realistic to have a floating bench - it needs legs! Again, a fairly simply technique was used by creating a 4 x box's and then placing them accordingly. 

I used a grey texture on the legs and downloaded a wooden texture and applied to the bench seat... et viola!


















Time Spent: 30 Minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment