Saturday 25 January 2014

Animating

Animating - The Establishing shot

With any animation or film, and particularly in this animation, it is important to set the scene to allow the audience to understand where they are giving them a hint as to what is happening. Undoubtedly the audience may not understand that this is an animation of Pearl Harbour just from the shot of the harbour but you are able to see that it is a small island surrounded by land and holds a harbour and airstrip.

To start animating I firstly opened the environment and then saved it as 'SCENE 3 V1' - doing this enables me to make changes to the scene, start animating, and know that if I make a mistake I still have the unedited environment to start over with. 

The only movement in this scene is the camera panning over the island, so I placed a target camera in the scene and positioned it where appropriate, constantly rendering out the scene from the camera to be sure I had placed it correctly. 

I used key frame to create this scene and did so by placing the camera, and placing a key frame along the timeline when I had moved the camera to the next position. 

These are a few still shots of the animation scene. 


No comments:

Post a Comment